An iOS Audio Pioneer Speaks About Creativity and Technology
Dan Walton is a computer programmer and entrepreneur with a specialty in audio software and crypto. He’s a founder at The Retronyms, an app development house known for Tabletop, Wej, iMPC, and the very first Recorder app for iOS. Dan recently moved back to Columbus from San Francisco.
Table of Contents:
- 00:28 – Intro
- 01:05 – Podcasting Basics, what is DXP?
- 01:56 – cast.market
- 02:44 – The History of The Retronyms
- 06:42 – Dan Walton: Instruments are the Ultimate Combination of Art and Technology
- 08:30 – Music Apps and Mobile Devices
- 13:26 – Is It Worth Developing Audio Software for Android?
- 15:11 – Hardware for Music Apps
- 20:50 – San Francisco and Columbus, Cities of Creativity?
- 28:17 – Other Occupations
- 31:50 – Company Establishment
- 36:47 – Blender and 3D Software, Open Source vs Subscription
- 42:23 – Computers and Performance
- 51:51 – Video Streaming
- 57:21 – Video Game Streaming
- 1:03:24 – Outro
#AcidTechno #iMPC #Rebirth #Retronyms #crypto #ethex #sanfrancisco #columbus #appdevelopment #dxp #podcast #dan-walton #musicinstruments